AKG Water Cooled Oil Aftercoolers – P Series
50 to 5000 SCFM
The Titus Company offers the AKG/P series of water-cooled aftercoolers for high-quality aftercooler options. AKG is a leader in cooling system production, and they consistently deliver products with advanced features that can help you get your work done better and faster.
What Are Water-Cooled Aftercoolers?
Water-cooled aftercoolers are ideal tools for reducing temperature and removing water from compressed air. Air temperature can be very high at the outlet of the compressor. By using a water-cooled aftercooler, you can control that outlet temperature to achieve maximum cooling at minimal costs.
These aftercoolers function simply and with great efficiency. As hot compressed air flows through the tubes of the aftercooler, cool water flows around the tubes in the opposite direction to create cooler air with a limited drop in pressure. This design ensures that the compressed air is cooled to the closest approach temperature.
Water-cooled aftercoolers are also designed to withstand high temperatures, and they eliminate up to 75% of the water present in compressed air systems for an energy-efficient and high-performance solution that’s an ideal choice for your cooling and moisture-removing needs.
At The Titus Company, you’ll find the top-performing AKG/P series of water-cooled aftercoolers. These coolers are superior options that will meet your cooling needs with the increased speed and performance you require to improve your operations.
AKG P Series Stainless Steel Brazed Plate Water-cooled after cooler/oil cooler
At The Titus Company, we carry the AKG/P Series of water-cooled aftercoolers designed to cool a wide range of materials, including rotary screws, compressor lube oil, hydraulic oil with water and gear boxes. These aftercoolers are available in stainless steel with braze plates, and we have a large selection of off-the-shelf models for fast delivery.
Oil-to-Water Cooling Systems
- AKG/P Series coolers are water-cooled aftercoolers made by the industry leader in cooling systems.
- The AKG/P Series of coolers consists of different models that are capable of cooling a wide variety of fluids for stationary and mobile applications.
- All of AKG’s solutions are made using state-of-the-art technology, and they’re produced in compliance with the highest quality standards. They are also comprehensively tested in the company’s testing and research facility.
Features of the Series
This series includes a number of helpful features, including the following:
- The coolers transfer high heat rates and require less surface area than most tube and shell heat exchangers.
- AKG/P Series models are mounted with threaded studs. There’s also a mounting bracket available optionally for P Series coolers.
- Braze plate coolers on the AKG/P can be used in transmission oil, hydraulic oil, lubricating oil, engine oil and coolant circuits.
- Corrugated, thin stainless steel plates are vacuum-brazed for a self-contained, durable integral unit that can handle both high temperature and high pressure.
- Coolers can be exposed to operating temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and pressure up to 435 PSI.
- AKG Series braze plate coolers have SAE connections that are standard on all AKG series water-cooled aftercoolers. To reduce piping requirements, water and oil connections are on opposite sides. On the front side of P Series coolers, there are four NPT connections.
AKG/P Series Benefits
- Robust and compact design with corrugated plates that provide high heat transfer coefficients and a smaller surface area
- High level of thermal efficiency and durability in a compact, low-cost cooler
- Wide selection of sizes and fluid connections for maximum design flexibility
- Availability on short notice
Water-cooled aftercoolers are used for numerous commercial applications, including:
- Food and beverage
- Dry cleaning
- Printing and pressing
- Spray finishing equipment
- Air-operated lifting equipment
Whatever your application, water-cooled aftercoolers are an ideal solution for reducing your energy consumption and saving you money. They’ll help to ensure that your system works properly so that you can trust the quality of your finished product.
Why Choose The Titus Company?
The Titus Company provides compressed air and gas products from industry-leading brands, as well as exceptional services for solutions you can count on to enhance your business. Choose us for our:
- Extensive services: From complete installation to preventative maintenance to repairs, we offer all the services you need. We’ll even provide 24/7 emergency service and repairs to reduce your downtime.
- Large selection of products: We have a wide range of products available, many of which we can get to you quickly for the fast solutions you’re looking for.
- Experience: We have more than 30 years of experience selling, installing, maintaining and repairing compressed air and gas products. We have expert knowledge of each product we offer and can assist you in finding the right solutions for your specific requirements.
- Free estimates: We provide fast, free estimates on our products and services, so there are no surprises down the line.
- Energy efficiency: All of our equipment and systems are designed for maximum energy efficiency to provide the lowest cost of ownership and the best return on investment in the marketplace.
To learn more about the AKG water-cooled aftercoolers or any of our other products and services, you can call us at 610.913.9100 to speak with our experts directly. You can also complete our online contact form, and we will get in touch with you promptly.
AKG Water-Cooled Aftercoolers Specifications
|Max working pressure||Max working temperature|
|435 PSI||450 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Max operating pressure||Max operating temperature|
|400 PSI||350 degrees Fahrenheit|
|316L stainless steel plates|
|Powder-painted steel mounting bracket|
Product Catalogs & Spec Sheet Downloads
Akg/p Series dimensions
|AKG/P400||3.18||8.45||6.77||1.65||(.078 X N) + .4||0.95||0.95||3/4“||#8||2.8||N/A||1.6||1.5 + (.13 X N)|
|AKG/P410||4.4||12.2||9.84||1.97||(.097 X N) + .4||0.95||0.95||1“||#16||5.5||2.4||1.0||2.6 + (.29 X N)|
|AKG/P415||4.4||20.7||18.35||1.97||(.097 X N) + .4||0.95||0.95||1“||#16||5.5||2.4||1.0||4.2 + (.51 X N)|
|AKG/P422||7.5||24.3||20.43||3.62||(.1151 X N) + .4||1.9||1.9||2“||#32||5.5||3.9||1.8||15.4 + (.97 X N)|
Dimensions are in inches. N = Number of Plates
Note: AKG 400 models have 1/2“ FPT ports